Use the Go Direct ORP Sensor to measure the ability of a solution to act as an oxidizing agent and to quantify ion activity. This sensor measures the capacity of a solution to either release or accept electrons from chemical reactions.
This sensor is comprised of an ORP electrode connected to a Go Direct Electrode Amplifier via a BNC connector. This design enables you to use the Go Direct Electrode Amplifier with other Vernier electrodes, such as the pH Electrode, Flat pH Electrode, ORP Electrode, ISE electrode, or a third-party electrode.
The Go Direct ORP Sensor can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Determine the equivalence point of an oxidation-reduction titration.
- Measure the oxidizing ability of chlorine in swimming pools.
- Investigate the ORP of drinking water.
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation when using the sensor wirelessly. Monitor battery life directly from our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app or LabQuest 2 App. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting—no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
- Accuracy with new electrode (mV): ±20 mV
- Type: Sealed, gel-filled, epoxy body, Ag/AgCl reference
- Storage solution: pH-4/KCl solution (10 g KCl in 100 mL buffer pH-4 solution)
- ORP element: 99% pure platinum band sealed on a glass stem
- Temperature range:
- 0 to 60°C
- 12 mm OD
- Impedance: ~20 kΩ at 25ºC
- Units: mV
- Input range: ±1000 mV
- Wireless: Bluetooth
- Wired: USB
- Go Direct ORP (includes Go Direct Electrode Amplifier)
- Micro USB Cable