Point to point fibre converter, RS232
1 xRS-232 port 300 bit/s – 250 kbit/s
The ODW-720-F1 has been designed to allow RS-232 protocols to be transmitted point-to-point over a fibre optic link.
The design allows the use of a range of Westermo verified SFP (Small Form Pluggable) transceivers which can provide solutions with, for example, only a single fibre or distances up to 120 km.
This unit has been designed for industrial use where the requirement is for a long and reliable service life, in a harsh environment. To ensure this reliable operation we manufacture using the highest quality components.
The ODW-720 draws on Westermo’s many years of knowledge of serial protocols and can even transmit the RTS/CTS hardware controls if required.
The ODW is simple to install, being small, with a simple integral DIN rail clip. The unit is totally transparent to any data rate so no configuration is needed.
The comprehensive LEDs provide a quick and easy way of detecting any network problems that may be encountered.
Numerous fibre configuration options
- Up to 120 km distance
- BiDi support (single fibre)
- Multimode and singlemode SFPs
Designed for use in Industrial applications
- Dual 10 V to 60V DC power input
- 500,000h MTBF according to MIL HDBK-217K
- Galvanically isolated status output
Unique solutions for serial RS-232 protocols
- Data rates to 250 kbit/s
- Up to 12 data bits
- Dual channel for status (RTS/CTS) transmission
Simple to use and install
- Transparent to any data rate
- Comprehensive diagnostic LEDs
- Compact housing with integral DIN rail clip