Ring/multidrop fibre converter, Profibus
1 x PROFIBUS DP 9 600 bit/s – 12 Mbit/s
The ODW-710-F2 has been designed to allow the use of fibre optic cables on PROFIBUS DP networks. The design allows the use of a range of Westermo verified SFP (Small Form Pluggable) transceivers which can provide solutions with, for example, only a single fibre or distances up to 120 km.
Both multidrop networks and redundant rings can be formed using a mixture of transceiver types.
This unit has been designed for industrial use where the requirement is for a long and reliable service life in a harsh environment. To ensure this reliable operation we manufacture using the highest quality components.
The ODW-710 can be used on all PROFIBUS DP networks to extend the operational network size beyond the normal constraints of the copper cable. All the data rates defined in EN 50170 are supported.
Large ring networks can be created to provide network resilience to guarantee system functionality even if a cable is damaged. The ring recovery time ensures that the network devices are not aware of the failure. The fault contact provides a method to communicate network failures.
Numerous fibre configuration options
- Up to 120 km distance
- BiDi support (single fibre)
- Multimode and singlemode SFPs
Designed for use in Industrial applications
- Dual 10 V to 60 VDC power input
- 500,000h MTBF according to MIL HDBK-217K
- Compact housing with integral DIN rail clip
Compliant to EN 50170 PROFIBUS DP standard
- Supports all standard data rates to 12 Mbit/s
- Standard 9 pin PROFIBUS D-sub connection
- Auto negotiation of data rate
Extensive resilient fibre optic network solutions
- Ring Recovery < 1 ms
- Latency < 0.5 ms allowing 250 units per ring
- Galvanically isolated fault status output