Industrial Media Converter
- 1 x RJ-45, 10 Mbit/s or 100 Mbit/s
- 1 x fibre port using singlemode fibre with LC connectors, 100 Mbit/s
The MCW-211 is an unmanaged media converter designed for easy use in heavy duty industrial applications. The MCW-211 transparently converts between 10/100Base-TX and 100Base-FX. A number of standard fibre optic connection types are supported including LC, SC and ST. The unit supports 802.1Q long packets which allows all standard industrial Ethernet protocols to to be used.
The MCW-211 is designed for use in industrial applications and so has dual power inputs for 10 to 57 VDC operation. Total galvanic isolation between the power supply and TX port helps to avoid ground loop currents and hence provide ultra reliable connections. The IP21 rating ensures that the unit can be installed in locations where condensed water may occur.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the MCW-211 an MTBF of 540,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of -25 to +70°C (-13 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts. The MCW-211 has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
Easy to understand LED indicators provide simple diagnostics if network problems arise. The link fault forward function helps to transfer indication of media failure onto connected ports to ensure that the MCW-211 can be used in resilient network structures. Data rate and flow control can be locked by DIP switch which can eliminate problems with old legacy Ethernet equipment that is unable to support auto negotiation.
Easy to install and use
- Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
- Port auto-negotiation and polarity detection
- Transparent to industrial Ethernet protocols
Designed for use in harsh industrial applications
- Dual 10-57 VDC power input
- Total galvanic isolation
- IP 21
Robust for long service life
- 540,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
- -25 to +70°C (-13 to +158°F) with no moving parts
- Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
Diagnostic fault indication and legacy connectivity
- Link fault forwarding
- Diagnostic LEDs
- DIP switches to lock port parameters for old equipment