Use Go Direct Gas Pressure Sensor to monitor gas pressure in a variety of experiments. It records accurate absolute pressure readings relative to the perfect vacuum reference point inside the sensor, allowing you to go below atmospheric pressure or up to 400 kPa. Easily change the displayed units to any one of seven options (kPa, mmHg, inHg, mbar, psi, atm, torr). Includes a syringe, tubing, and stoppers to ease setup for experiments such as Boyle’s law.
The Go Direct Gas Pressure Sensor can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Investigate Boyle’s law and Charles’ law.
- Investigate grip strength and muscle fatigue (using Gas Pressure Bulb, not included).
- Measure the production of oxygen gas produced when hydrogen peroxide is destroyed by the enzyme catalase.
- Monitor plant transpiration.
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation when using the sensor wirelessly. Monitor battery life directly from our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app or LabQuest 2 App. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting—no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
- Range: 0 to 400 kPa
- Resolution: 0.03 kPa
- Accuracy: ±3 kPA
- Maximum sampling rate: 50 samples/s
- Internal volume: 0.8 mL
- Maximum pressure that the sensor can tolerate without permanent damage: 450 kPa
- Vernier Go Direct Gas Pressure Sensor
- Tapered valve connectors (2) inserted into a No. 5 stopper
- Tapered valve connector (1) inserted into a No. 1 stopper
- Two-way valve
- 18 inch Tygon tubing with Luer Lock connectors
- 20 mL syringe
- White transpiration tubing clamps (2)