[pdf_attachment file=”1″ name=”Handbók”]
Low cost individual sensors for large sensor networks
The EC-5 delivers research-grade accuracy at a price that makes large sensor networks economically practical. You can adequately characterize your site with soil moisture sensors at multiple depths and locations, even if you’re on a tight budget.
Engineered for accuracy
The EC-5 determines volumetric water content (VWC) by measuring the dielectric constant of the media using capacitance/frequency domain technology. Its 70 MHz frequency minimizes salinity and textural effects, making this sensor accurate in almost any soil or soilless media. Factory calibrations are included for mineral soils, potting soils, rockwool, and perlite.
Just 5 cm long with a ~0.2 L measurement volume, this handy little sensor is easy to install in the field and can also be used in nursery pots. The EC-5’s compact design makes it easy to push directly into undisturbed soil to ensure good accuracy.
The EC-5’s analog signal means no-hassle integration with systems manufactured by other companies.
- Measures volumetric water content
- Affordable: ideal for large sensor networks
- Simple sensor with excellent accuracy
- Small volume of influence (eg., field spatial variability, lab column studies, or greenhouse research)
- 70 MHz frequency minimizes salinity and textural effects
- Factory calibrations included for mineral soils, potting soils, rockwool, and perlite
- Small size means easy installation
- Plug and play capability
- Easy integration with other systems
- Use with ZL6 data logger to collect data remotely