Industrial Broadband Router (ADSL/VDSL)
Remote access removes boundaries, eliminates the need for time consuming site visits and provides a network infrastructure suitable for today’s “always on”-society. The BRD-355 industrial ADSL & VDSL2 router/modem uses the Internet to cost effectively inter-connect systems, allowing HMI, PLCs, sensors etc to communicate with each other, a pre-requisite for any Industrial Internet (IIoT/IoT) solution.
Most devices today comes equipped with an Ethernet port for communications, therefore the BRD-355 has a built-in two port Ethernet switch. For legacy connectivity the unit also features one RS-232-port to provide multiple connection possibilities for both new and legacy replacement installations. Designed to be installed on a DIN rail all connectors and LEDs have been positioned in the front of the unit, facing the user for easy access and fast status feedback. With the wide power input range the unit can be powered from 10 to 60 VDC and has a low power consumption.
The cyber security features of the BRD-355 prevent unauthorized access and secure the communication for Internet-enabled applications. The easy to use firewall filters incoming traffic, allowing only approved packets to pass through. To inter-connect units with each other securely over the Internet multiple VPN technologies are supported, including IPsec and OpenVPN.
Upgrading legacy solutions to become IP-enabled can prove both costly and tedious therefore the BRD-355 includes a wide feature set for various legacy applications including both modem replacement methods as well as serial to Ethernet conversion. Recent technology changes by the carriers also force the industry to adapt their solutions which is why the BRD-355 support both
ADSL Annex J and VDSL2 Vectoring, as well as most other ADSL/VDSL2 standards.
Industrial remote access using the Internet
- Economic and environmental benefits
- Access SCADA systems, HMI, sensors and PLCs remotely
- Fixed broadband connection via ADSL or VDSL2
Designed for industrial applications
- RS-232 port with intelligent modem replacement features
- Compact DIN-rail mounted casing for easy integration
- Wide power input range, 10 to 60 VDC
Secured resilient Internet access
- Designed to cope with the threats of the Internet environment
- Easy to use firewall prevents unauthorized access
- Encrypted and secure data transmission with VPN-tunnels
A wide-variety of solutions to common communication issues
- Simple replacement of analogue leased lines
- Serial protocols as well as serial to Ethernet conversion features
- The unit includes support for ADSL Annex J and VDSL2 vectoring