The Go Direct 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor measures the components of the magnetic field along three orthogonal axes. This allows you to determine the magnitude and direction of the magnetic field at any point in space. If desired, measure the field along only two axes, or even one axis, choosing the direction that is best for the experiment.
The Go Direct 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Quantify the magnetic field strength of induced magnets.
- Determine the declination and inclination of the Earth’s magnetic field at your location using vector components.
- Investigate the relationship between magnetic field strength, coils per unit length, and current in the center of a solenoid.
Rechargeable Battery—Ready When You Are
The robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation when using the sensor wirelessly. Monitor battery life directly from our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app or LabQuest 2 App. Should the battery run low, simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting—no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless—The Flexibility to Choose
Our Go Direct sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook™, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth® wireless technology, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
- Measurement range: ±5 mT and ±130 mT
- Operating temperature: –40°C to 85°C
- Dimensions: 19 cm long, wand portion 12.2 cm long. Wand tapers from 0.8 cm square at handle to 0.7 cm square at tip. Designed to be placed inside a solenoid if needed.
- Calibration: Factory-calibrated, user does not need to calibrate.
- Wireless: Bluetooth
- Wired: USB
- Go Direct 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor
- Micro USB Cable