Web-Enabled Digital Input Module
X-408 features 8 digital inputs and a built-in web-server.
Applications – Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The X-408 is ideal for applications that require discrete input monitoring over an IP network.
Discrete Input Monitoring
Use the X-408 to detect the state of buttons and switches. Send the state of the inputs to other 400 Series controllers (X-400, X-410, etc.) for real-time control.
Monitor the on/off state of push buttons and switches. Using peer-to-peer (P2P) communication, the module can be logically linked to I/O on remote modules (WebRelay, X-410, etc.) to control a variety of devices like a door locks, or lights.
Water Sensors, Float Switches, etc
Connect water sensors, float switches, etc. Configure the X-408 to send email/text alerts when the sensor is tripped.
Monitor security sensors such as magnetic door/window sensors, motion sensors, loop detectors, and more. Configure the X-408 to send email/text alerts when sensors are activated during specified times.
Use the X-408 to monitor photo-detectors, limit switches, counters, etc. in manufacturing processes.
Connect flow sensors to the X-408 and configure its control page to display flow in gpm, lpm, etc., in real time.
The X-408 can be used in a larger, distributed system. The following illustration shows how the X-408 works in conjunction with other ControlByWeb products for I/O mirroring.
- Eight optically-isolated digital inputs
- Each input can be configured as:
- Discrete On/Off
- Frequency measurements
- Monitor, log, and control 32 remote modules, or up to 100 I/O
- User Permissions: Admin, Manager, User
- 50 Scheduled
- 50 Conditional
- 20 Override Schedules
- Send email alerts based on user-defined conditions (supports encrypted email servers, such as Gmail)
- Real-Time Clock with NTP server synchronization
- Automatic daylight savings and leap year adjustment
- No software required
- Customizable web-based Control Page
- BASIC script support for advanced flexibility
- Configurable logging
- Graphing (logged data)
- HTTPS/TLS encrypted
- Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Modbus, SNMP, Remote Service, IP Filtering
- Field updatable
- Removable 14-Terminal connector for easy installation
- Rugged DIN-Rail/wall-mountable enclosure
- X-408-I: 9-28 VDC
- X-408-E: POE and/or 9-28 VDC
- Max Current: 240mA
- Number of Inputs: 8
- Type: Optically-Isolated
- Voltage Range: 4-26VDC
- Current: 950uA @ 4V, 8.5mA @ 26V
- Minimum Hold Time: 20ms
- Input Functions: Monitor State, Control Relays, Control Remote Relays, Scalable Counter, On Timer, Total On Timer, Frequency
- Maximum Count: 24-bit
- Max Count Rate: 200Hz Max (Dependent on Configuration)
- Edge Trigger: Rising, Falling or Both
- Manual or NTP(Network Time Protocol) setup
- NTP Sync Period: Once, Daily, Weekly, On Powerup
- Auto Daylight Savings Adjustment
- Battery (capacitor) Power Backup
Capacitor Power Backup
- Backup Functions: Retain Real-Time Clock, 1 Register, 2 Counters, 4 Relay States
- Backup Duration: 2 week minimum
- Type: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port
- Setup: Static or DHCP IP address configuration
- Power and Inputs: 14-Position, 3.81mm terminal spacing, Removable. For 16-28 AWG wire.
- Network: 8-pin RJ-45
- Number of LEDs: 11
- Power on
- Digital Inputs 1-8
- Network linked
- Network activity
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65.5°C)
- 1.41in (35.7mm) wide
- 3.88in (98.5mm) tall
- 3.1in (78mm) deep (not including connector)
- Weight: 5 oz (142 grams)
- Enclosure Material: Lexan 940 Polycarbonate Plastic
- Enclosure Flame Rating: UL94 V0
- HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, XML, Modbus TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Remote Services
- Log File Size: 512K (up to 8,448 logs)
- Storage: Nonvolatile Flash
- Buffer Architecture: Circular Buffer
Log data can be periodically stored on a computer via FTP or email.
- Task Builder
- BASIC interpreter
- Remote services
- Password Length: 6-18 Characters
- IEC CISPR 22, CISPR 24
- EU EN55024, EN55022
- X-408-I: FCC 47CFR15 (Class B)
- X-408-E: FCC 47CFR15 (Class A)
Product Safety Compliance
- UL 61010-1 (Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use)